Joel J. Gwynn|
- Harvard Extension, 2007 - .NET Programming in C#
- M.I.T., 1989 - Bachelor of Science in Art & Design
- PHP, Perl, MySQL, C# ASP.NET, T-SQL
- Linux, Apache Web Server, Microsoft Windows, IIS
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server Management Studio,Visio, Adobe Photoshop
Smarter Travel Media, LLC - August 2007 - June 2010
As a member of the Architecture and Internals teams I've helped to develop and deploy solutions for our travel-related websites, including bookingbuddy.com, smartertravel.com and deals.bookingbuddy.com. Extended and enhanced our in-house content management and user management framework and provide support/development for in-house clients. I've designed and/or implemented the following solutions:
Spire - Boston, MA - May 2001 - July 2007
- phing/phpunit Unit Testing framework
- Highly personalized email campaign software
- User notification service in symfony
- APIs for internal/external consumers
- Migrated rollout process to Capistrano
- Participated in design and development of Spire's Campaign Management System, a direct-mail application implemented in C# and T-SQL. Clients use CMS to upload mailing lists, which are CASS-Certified and deduped against existing records. They then create mailing campaigns targeted to specific geographic and demographic groups. The CMS database contains over 2.9 million unique names, and is being used to mail almost 4 million pieces/year. Created ASP.NET pages and code-behind, custom controls and T-SQL stored procedures.
- Implemented online ordering/fulfillment system supporting orders from internal and external clients, inventory management and reporting. Implemented in Perl and T-SQL.
- Implemented various custom Print-On-Demand solutions for Spire clients, including Fidelity and Staples. SQL-Server back-end, PDF proofs and final documents created by Pageflex™
- Working on a small team where each member wears many hats, I've been involved at every stage of the process, from page layout and code-behind to daily builds, refactoring, and SQL Server administration.
Designers' CADD Company, Inc. - Cambridge, MA - 1994-2001
Chief Modeler and Animator for Architectural Visualization projects. Developed a variety of visualizations for architects, engineers and city planners, and managed a small project team. Deliverables included 3D renderings and animations, as well as GIS maps and applications.
Gwynn Family Business - Jersey City, NJ - Summers 1981-1987
Renovated residential properties, including a ten-unit brownstone in Jersey
City, NJ. Installed Plumbing, Heating, and Electrical systems. Did
drywall and finishing work.
www.bostonsweeper.com: Conceived and executed BostonSweeper, a service which reminds Boston
area resident via email the day before they need to move
their cars. Implemented in Perl and MySQL. Subsequently sold to Boston.com
Other interests include Skiing and American Pool.